Architectural Design Manager
Type of Employment: Full-time
Experience Level: 3-5 years
Location: Lawrence MA, Boston MA, Miami FL
CUBE 3 is a dynamic architectural firm that provides creative design solutions for a wide range of architecture, interior design and planning challenges. We are currently seeking a talented and energetic design leader to add to our growing team. This is an opportunity to work closely with the firm partners and help shape the design direction of this fast-paced, exciting firm.
Strong technical abilities and 3-5 years professional experience to perform a variety of technical tasks requiring application of standard techniques and knowledge. Performs in a self-directed manner in all aspects of the building design process, including preparation of presentation materials, Schematic Design, Design Development and Contract Documents, and Construction Administration activities within an established budget, schedule, and programmatic requirements.
Qualified Candidate Essential Job Functions:
- Independently develop preliminary design studies, concepts and sketches for review with project team
- Prepare Documentation for Schematic Design and Design Development.
- Exercise creative judgment and design skills in preparing client presentation materials, including design sketches, renderings, models and graphics.
- Committed to key firm principles including strong communication, teambuilding, excellence in design, quality control, and sustainability.
- Help develop and support specific project goals and provide support to the Project Manager
- Show individual ability to prepare accurate, coordinated and complete Contract Documents including plans, details, sections, elevations and schedules. (Completion of a minimum of 3 sets)
- Produce amendments, addenda and bulletins as required to support the project team.
- Lead and prepare revisions and technical alternatives for project team review.
- Perform area calculations and other technical project support functions according to specified standards.
- Assist with site analysis, including survey of existing conditions and field measurements.
- Perform tasks in accordance with the C3S Project Delivery Manual.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, plan and execute tasks independently.
- Understand project work flow, scheduling and project management basics.
- Demonstrate ability to manage the work of project consultants including document review, communications and coordination efforts.
- Coordinates project work with QA/QC program.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and manage the work of others on the project team.
- Demonstrates a clear leadership role on projects.
- Starting ability to meet with, interact with and build relationships with clients and consultants
- Strong understanding of Architectural and/or Interior Design principles and theory associated with project design and construction materials and methods
- Demonstrated strength in effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and demonstrate a professional work ethic
- Demonstrate progress with LEED Certification
- Show advancement and participation in professional growth including, Development Program (IDP), ARE or other relevant program.
Qualified Candidates must provide both a resume and work samples when applying for this position.
Email: email@example.com. no phone calls please.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer